Wednesday, June 14, 2017

On Fatherhood

In China, we tend to believe that it’s the mother’s major responsibility to raise a child. Bringing home the bread is already enough to make a good father. I am learning English with a program: English Michael Fun and here I got to know a story a few days ago. A woman, wholesale jerseys, a mother of three children, was beaten by her mother-in-law because she learned English with this program. Of course many students left comments to support her. Still I found many different voices. There is a mother’s comment: “If you have to make a choice between your children and learning English, of course you should choose your children. The only purpose for me to learn English is for my kid. What’s the point of learning if your family is against it?” Honestly I can’t agree with that. Why should this mother MUST make a choose? It only takes half an hour, an hour at top each day to learn with this program. Is it so much to ask her husband to help taking care their children for just an hour? Is it so much for a father to spend just an hour with his children? Ridiculous! The whole thing is just so wrong even without the beating part. And we keep telling our children: You are learning for yourself, not for the others.” I wonder how could that mother phrase that out to her kid while what she is doing is total opposite? cheap mlb hatsIt’s a pity that she is not the only one who think so.

A father plays an important role in a person’s life. If that part is missing, it would leave a hole deep inside that no one else could fill. I spend most of my life without a father. I could tell the world that I’m fine and I don’t care. However, I can’t fool my own memories. Occasionally some memories merges from the long distant past, but still so vivid like just happened yesterday, told me that even I was not the son he wanted, once he still tried for closeness. Not in an obvious way, not in a way that was everyday. And these memories also tell me the plain truth: I do care.  With these few interactions, surprisingly he did leave the seeds of toughness in my character. It’s amazing how quickly a kid could learn from her/his father, especially when the chances were rare.

I just hope fathers, no matter how busy your jobs might be, spare sometime for your kids. Moments come and go, cheap nfl jerseysand a kid could grow up pretty fast. Don’t wait unit it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment